Thursday, 3 January 2013

New Year...New Update

It's been a couple of months since I last updated the blog so I thought it was about time I did it again.

Uni Life - As you might expect I've been enjoying a break over Xmas. Before the break though, we enjoyed a class 'outing' to the pub (where else) for a Xmas dinner, even persuading a lecturer and placement mentor to join us. A few drinks were sank and a few people went on to a club...me, I had to catch a train for a two hour journey feeling 'slightly inebriated'. I still managed another couple of pints in the Toon, while waiting for my better half :-)

So on with the relaxation....or rather I would have been if I hadn't work to complete, 2 assignments and an exam to revise for. I'm not going to lie and say I've spent all my time reading and researching, the truth is I've not put anything down on paper (or screen) until the last week or so, but I've definitely not been sleeping well (I think due to thinking about work I should be doing). So much for my revised work ethic at the start of the course!

 

The Great Outdoors - I haven't been out much lately, rather down to the weather as much as my inability to organise anything. I managed a damp walk in Teesdale, along Fremington Edge. It's been a while since I was there but it makes for an easy walk with some great views. And some nice pub options for the must-have post walk pint.

My climbing has taken a back seat too, although thanks to the fat guy with the white beard and red suit I have recently acquired a pair of Evolv Geshido SC's - they are slightly more aggressive than my current 5.10s and a tighter fit but I'm hoping that the reviews are right and the extra precision will help me push my grades.

Evolv Geshido SC

Evolv Geshido SC corkers!


I've also splashed some cash on a new harness - the Wild Country Elite Synchro. It's got loads of racking space (definitely overkill for the indoor wall) so I've got the perfect excuse to get out and about when the weather eventually improves. My current harness will be retired, or rather stored away, until it's right for my nephew or neice to adopt it.

Wild Country Elite Synchro Harness

Wild Country Elite Synchro Harness

 

Well, I'll leave all of this here now and no doubt I'll forget to provide a further update as the time gets by. But if I don't forget, I'll hopefully be back before the break is over!

 

Today's Shower Song : Zombie by The Cranberries

No comments:

Post a Comment