Monday, 3 September 2012

As Fresh As A Dasiy?

Today has the seen the announcement of the Freshers Week wristband for the Uni of Cumbria. Now this is a new concept to me, during my first time at Uni I seem to remember that all we had to do was grab a flyer as we walked from pub to pub to find out what was going on. It appears that (like everything) Freshers Week has become big business over the last 15years or so.

I don't think I fancy spending £27 for the priviledge of a programme, I think I'll just wait to see what's going on and turn up to whatever I feel like. I'm sure that those who spend the money will find it benefits them for the late night 'activities' that take place, however, as I'm likely to find myself being disgruntled by the train network at about 5pm I just don't think it'll be worth it.

 

And besides, I'm far too much of a grumpy old fart to be taking part in Freshers Week :-)

Today's shower song: Roxanne by The Police

No comments:

Post a Comment